Thursday, December 23, 2010

Amazing Works of Art by Mike Laverty!!!!



Happy Thursday and Happy Holiday to each of you! I hope that you are all un-stressed and are prepared for a magnificently blessed holiday!

I just had to share something with you today that I just received from Mike Laverty, an unbelievable artist and the sweet, kind, talented and wonderful hubby of Suzan! Mike doesn't have a blog and I knew you just had to see his splendid work! The picture above shows this beautiful triptych of Santa in the sleigh with his reindeer with lights behind it. Isn't it beautiful!!! The picture below shows the great detail that Mike put into the amazing gift to me. He made the wood frames to surround the hand cut copper and he used frosted glass behind the copper. I am so amazed at the beauty of this work of art!!! Thank you so much, Mike, for this absolutely lovely holiday triptych! I love it!!!



These are the ornaments that Mike made for me last Christmas. There is so much detail work on both the three dimensional snowflake and the Santa and reindeer ornaments. Mike is a true craftsman and woodworker!!



And this is the handmade basket that Mike made for me for my birthday so that I can keep candies close at hand when I am coloring and crafting!! Can you believe it??



I also wanted to remind you of the Friday Sketchers 2nd Annual Holiday Blog Hop tomorrow where you will find SWEET STUFF all along your hopping way!! So please drop by and see what's happening at my blog tomorrow!

Thank you so much for dropping by and I hope to see you tomorrow. Sending Holiday Hugs to each of you!!!

24 comments:

Mickie said...

WOW, Mike's artwork is out of this world! Such lovely work and you are so lucky to be a recipient of his gifts. Merry Christmas dear and looking forward to see what you surprise us with tomorrow.

Julie said...

What treasures,hand made is definately the best! Enjoy the holidays,Julie.x

Cards By MI said...

Wonderful pieces of art! They are absolutly stunning. Treasure it forever!
Happy Holidays!
xMarie

Cor* said...

A true artist! He should develop a blog for sure, with these masterpieces! And you are definitely a deserving woman! Happy Holidays Jacque.

sallysbitz2 said...

Lovely pieces of work & sooo talented xx

Wishing you a Happy Christmas & a prosperous 2011 xx

Christina C. said...

Suzan definitely has a very talented and generous hubby! So sweet of him to bestow these wonderful treasures on you....but you are definitely a deserving recipient.
Lucky You!!!!!!

10na said...

Wow, its art -so so wonderful masterpieces. Love good handwork. Merry christmas from Denmark. KH 10na

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. hunny, those pieces are just stunning. I would think those masterpieces are going to be very valuble the longer you keep them. I love love the 3 piece set.

Margreet said...

that Mike is a true artist.....beautiful pieces of art....you are a lucky girl having received these gifts....but you deserve it!
xxx Margreet

Kras said...

Merry christmas from Bulgaria***

Mary Lou said...

Wow Jacque you are one lucky, special, brilliant, talented, beautiful, strong, ........I could just keep going Lady!!!
Mike's work is Gorgeous~~LOVE IT!!!!
Thanks so much for sharing Hun:)
Blessings of Love

Moni said...

Great project Jacque, and I wish you Merry Christmas. Hugs,moni

Tammy said...

I have to say....I love the gifts from wood. He definately is an artist! Lovely.
Have a Merry Christmas to you and yours.
smiles...Tammy

Shazza said...

absolutely gorgeous work, what a talented man Mike is and how lucky that you are one of his friends. Merry Christmas Jacque x

ursula Uphof said...

What stunning work Mike has done. True pieces of art, to be treasured. You deserve these lovely gifts Jacque, for your generosity with your own artwork. Have a Blessed Christmas. Warm wishes

Tracey T said...

What beautiful artwork - obviously a very talented man. Just wanted to wish you all the very best for Christmas and the New Year. Thank you, Jacque for inspiring me and so many others with your beautiful creations. Huge hugs, Tracey XX

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these are absolutely gorgeous. I just love all of them. TFS.

Rufus said...

Whoop,Whoop, lucky you! They are all gorgeous!
R/

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my gosh, Mike foes absolutely fabulous work!

Happy Holidays Jacque!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

WOW! Mike does amazing work!!

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW what stunning work, Mike has done. It´s fabulous, and this image with Santa in his sleigh s just one of my favorites and he did an awesome job on it. Please let him know that.
Have a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year, and I´m so looking forward to come back to your blog all the time in the new year to see all your wonderful creations hun and get all the great ideas from it.
You´re such a huge inspiration always Jacque. Wish you a wonderful and healthy 2011.
Big warm hugs Maryann

Grenouille Greetings said...

Mike's work is stunning! What lovely gifts over the years! I just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas, Jacque! Your beautiful creations, your strength of spirit and your warm generosity have inspired me throughout the year. What an exceptional person you are! Big hugz, Lesley

Anonymous said...

Wow this is incredible. When the light shines behind the Triptych it's so beautiful! What an amazingly talented crafter Mike is and you are very lucky to call them your friends!
Beth Greco

Kim. said...

What an amazing craftsman, all of these pieces are beautiful.
Kim xXx